6.08.2010

Day 12

With it being Tuesday, today was my day to work in Tokyo. It was my first solo trip from the time I left my apt. in the morning til I returned this evening and I managed to make it without any hitches. I'm not going to lie to you, it feels pretty good. Two trains, a station change, and a winding maze of road to my apartment in the dark from the station I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

All that aside it was an awesome day. We passed out hope tracks in the morning as we canvassed a new area of Shibuya and then grabbed some lunch. Afterwards we headed over to a usually very busy park to engage people in purposed conversations or make connections that we could continue with in relationships. On our walk over however, it began to sprinkle a little bit so by the time we arrived the park, though the rain had stopped it was nearly empty. It did give us good opportunity to prayer walk around the grounds as well as practice our balloon animals for a VBS we'll be doing in the park later this month. I must say, I think I may have found a new hobby. I was able to (successfully) create a parrot in a swing, a giraffe, a swan, a dog (basically a giraffe with a short neck), and a tulip! Unfortunately there are no pictures to document this :(.

Later on as the park began to get a little busier we split up and tried to meet people hanging around the park. Nate (one of the IMB interns in Tokyo) and I started playing frisbee and invited a young couple we saw to play with us. We ended up playing for almost an hour and were able to talk with them about why we were in Japan and invite them to hang out again and come to our friendship parties on Fridays. They were very interested and I'm looking forward to hear what comes of that relationship in the future. I will keep you posted as well :).

After the park I was able to meet up with the CBU Japan SOS team again for dinner and we went to a place called "Pepper Lunch" and it was DELISH. They bring your food somewhat raw out on a hot plate and you get to cook it with the spices and sauces on the table right before you eat it. The five of us had a great time catching up and talking about what the last week held for us. It was a real encouragement to me to be able to share a meal with them and have some fellowship with familiar faces, I am already looking forward to hanging out with them again.

After dinner I headed back home and am about to head to bed. Still a long week ahead of me but I'm looking forward to what the Lord will reveal to me!

More to come when there's more to tell!

Cheers



No comments: