10.18.2007

Soccer

So Thursdays are usually my easiest days. Well let me qualify that, not necessarily easiest days but my least busy days on average. I usually get out of class at Noon and then don't have much to do for the rest of the afternoon. This is great because it gives me an opportunity to get caught up on homework or sleep or anything else for that matter. This Thursday was an exception in the fact that so far it has been exceptionally good. I started off my day by sleeping through my alarm and missing my first class Intro to Global Studies(this would seem to most people to be stressful until...), I then realized that my professor, Jeff Lewis, had gotten a hold of one of my videos that some of you may have seen and decided to share it with the rest of the lecture hall during class on the big screen. Now you see why this was such a relief missing my alarm. God has also blessed me with amazing friends who got me an extra handout from class and took notes keeping in mind that I would need them later! How thoughtful and gracious! The rest of my classes were a breeze and when I arrived at lunch, realized that Pastor Walter was there eating with us. Again, how fun and what a pleasant surprise. After lunch my roommate Arthur Price and I got to go out and kick a soccer ball around for a while with Kyle Yocum and Taylor Welch. This is the real reason for my blogging today. I realized how much I miss playing soccer and how fun it was to get out there and kick a ball around for a little bit with some good friends. It was really a joy to be able to go outside and even thought it wasn't competing, play a sport that I have been in love with and will be in love with for my whole life. I truly am looking forward to getting to play on Sunday afternoons and many more sessions of post-lunch soccer in the future!

Also I have my one-on-one time with Carson tonight where we will get a chance to chill out and talk and catch up on each others lives... looking forward to that as well.



In the meantime here are some pictures of my playing Soccer in High School.

4 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

First of all I like the picture of you falling best. Second of all Congrats on your second succesful blog and in a timely manner, not spaced out too far.

carly said...

im happy u have a blog. and i love the videos... nice way to startegically make yourself more popular

RobinDayle said...

I'm so pleased you have a blog now.
Yay. :-)

Rob said...

Create a fresh look to your soccer video by using soccer video backgrounds. Here is a site that has some http://www.studio1productions.com/Animations/sports-5.htm
They really jazz up your videos.