3.03.2008

Weekend Home

So for the last weekend in February I got to surprise my parents and go home for the weekend, it was so much fun! When I heard the volleyball team was going to Chicago this year to play the schools there, I was bummed out I had chosen the wrong year to stop playing but thought it would be a cool opportunity to head home for a weekend second semester. As soon as I got back on campus after Christmas I looked for flights and found some really cheap ones for that weekend (Thank You Jesus). As the time came closer to me going back, it dawned on me that they might have plans that weekend and wouldn't be home. Sure enough they had planned on going to Florida that weekend but fortunately decided against it and stayed home to support the volleyball team. That didn't end the complications or near misses though. I also had trouble finding a ride home. The ride I planned on fell through as I was driving to the airport. No big deal I thought, I could just call my dad and have him pick me up but still at least surprise my Mom, however, that didn't work either. I even pulled the annoying-son-in-college routine and called him at five minute increments for almost an hour and a half to no avail (sorry Dad). As I was in line to board the plane I admitted defeat and called my Mom to see if she could pick me up. It kind of ruined the shock of the surprise but she was still surprised and happy I was coming home and was actually happier because she wanted to be the one to pick me up anyway. It was definitely nice to be home for the weekend and get a break from the day-to-day routine of being at school. It also really helped me appreciate the warm weather here. It was 20 at the MOST the whole time I was home and my dad was saying that I must have brought a heat wave back with me on the plane. Yeah right. You need to understand a midwest cold too, its not just chilly. Its bite through every piece of clothing down to your bones, grey, drab, no direct sunlight, piercing wind cold. I was happy to brave the cold though, for a (FREE) weekend of Chicago style food in my belly. I also got to watch my boys play some volleyball and support them and spend a lot of QT with my parents, which was amazing. We had some good and very late dinners after the games and got to go out to watch a movie, just the three of us, and I even got to take just my mom out to lunch and spend some time with her. It was a great trip home and I'm happy that I got to spend such a good weekend with my parents but am definitely glad to be back.

And my pictures arent uploading to this blog and i dont know why and its very frustrating!!

So pictures will come soon.

1 comment:

carsonbelmont said...

I want some pictures!