11.15.2007

The Chi

SOOOO... as I mentioned for a moment in my previous blog, two of my four roommates are making the trek with me back to my home in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The specific town that my parents currently reside in and have since I was in ohhh, fourth gradeish is called Buffalo Grove. I am so excited not only to see my family and friends from back home because chances are we will probably not have a lot of time just to relax. I am most excited for the opportunity to get to host someone at my house finally. I am so thankful and will continue to be greatful for my friends and the families of my friends that God has put in my life. They have been especially hospitible and made me feel at home as much as they can while I am here at school. My parents are also greatful for this fact (especially my Mom, shes a worrier). However, it is truly far better to give than to receive and I am finally able to give some hospitality to my friends for a change. It will be a great chance for us to spend some time together on the road and away from our daily lives. I'm excited to see how our relationships are gonna grow while we travel together and Art and Zach get a chance to see where I have grown up. Where I went to high school, spend some more time with my family, meet some of my best friends from growing up, and eat at some of my FAVORITE restaurants

We are definitely planning on going downtown at least once which is going to be SO fun because downtown Chicago is so pretty in the christmas time and the tree will be lit. I am also looking forward to clean crisp cold air. Yes, I said it, COLD air. It amazes some people that I would miss something like that but when you have grown up your whole life with the temperature not making it over 65 from the middle of october til the end of April you realize that when it kind of makes you appreciate the hot. I want to appreciate the warm weather that we're blessed with here in Southern California.

Here are some pictures of my beautiful city for your enjoyment.. i dont know why theyre so pixelated sorry!

MILLENIUM PARK


LSD


NIGHT


Oh and My Christmas Tree


One more cuz its the best tree in the world

1 comment:

carsonbelmont said...

WOW! I am completely stunned. I cannot believe that you took that picture of the Chicago skyline. So awesome and beautiful. WOW! I am speechless, no idea you had that talent.