11.21.2007

Home

Its finally here. Art, Zach and I arrived at Chicago Midway airport at 5:56 am.. To a cloudy, rainy, windy welcome. However dreary the weather was we did not let it damper our spirits though and were ready to go after some solid sleep on the plane. My mom picked us up at the airport and took us promptly to breakfast at Walker Bros. which i mentioned in my previous entry. We started the weekend off right by getting spoiled to the best breakfast I have had in a VERY long time.
Oven baked omellettes, chocolate chip pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, toast, and orange juice. Needless to say we were more than stuffed. We had time to come back to my house grab a quick 45 min nap in my basement and then head off to pick up my dad at school and head downtown to hang out at ESPNZone and walk around Michigan Ave.
With it being rainy and extra windy down by the lake we were more than open to the opportunity the stores presented to get out of the cold. After we walked around for a bit my parents put us in the car and we headed for the surprise that they had been planning for weeks but wouldnt tell me what it was. When we pulled into the parking lot I realized that they were taking us to see Blue Man Group and we had seats in the fourth row (yea thats the splash zone!).
The show was ABSOLUTELY amazing and super entertaining. After that we headed back to my house for some Lou Malnatis deep dish chicago style pizza and real relaxation. The snow started coming down about 930 so we headed over to my best friend Brandon Hutchins house and sat outside in his hot tub with the snow falling down all around us. Let me tell you it was the PERFECT start to an AMAZING weekend if you ask me. I am SO looking forward to the rest of our time here with my parents. Well... the hot tub put us all absolutely to sleep so we're gonna hit the hay and hopefully there will be another exciting (used very relative here) tomorrow! Goodnight.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun Adam. Happy Thanksgiving!