5.28.2010

Day 1

I have arrived. Bags and all have touched down safely and I am sitting on my couch in Yokohama, Japan safe and sound. After taking 91 hours and 3 countries to arrive in LA from Gulu, Uganda just to turn around the next day to head back to LAX and hop on a plane to Tokyo, it will be a welcome relief to spend more than 24 hours in a single place. Recently the unfamiliar has been my familiar and I realized how much it was getting to me when I didn't even notice we had been driving on the "wrong" side of the road until we pulled into the parking area for my apartment. I am so thankful for the hospitality the Lowes have shown me to prepare this place and open up their church and community by allowing me to come and serve along side of them for the rest of the summer. I am really looking forward to everything that I'm going to experience and have already had a great time chatting with the Lowes and getting to know them a little better. That's all I really have to say for now, no photos, haven't really done much except arrive so more to come when there's more to tell!

Cheers

p.s. I had grilled eel on the airplane for lunch and have hit my head twice already. Welcome to Japan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 word "duck"....
yea you're finally there!! It's been a whirlwind since b4 graduation.

AdamCook said...

Haha that's what I thought. Now I have one word for you, "Gulliver". This is an issue I anticipated but highly underestimated!

Anonymous said...

:) woohoo baby! EEL huh?!