6.06.2010

Day 10

So sorry it's been a while since my last update, things definitely started to get a little busier as the second half of my week got underway. Last I left you was Wednesday and I was able to attend an International Bible Study that we have here at the church in the mornings which was great to be a part of and then in the evening we had a prayer meeting with members of the church. It was definitely encouraging to be able to spend an extended amount of time in prayer with the some of the members of the congregation not only for the church but also the community and Japan.

Thursday was my first day off and it was a very fun day. I was able to sleep in a little bit and catch up on some rest in the morning then I hopped on a bus and went downtown to walk around a bit and see what there was to see. I grabbed some lunch (Japanese curry) and was just able to relax and people watch for a while. After lunch I walked around a bit and took some pictures until dinner then grabbed some starbucks and headed back home for the evening.

Fridays are my days to spend with the Associate Pastor here Jeff. He and I took care of some business around the church in the morning, just filing and a few other administrative things and then headed out to get some ramen for lunch. He took me to a ramen place that he said was Curtis' favorite last year and I must say it will probably be a place I frequent too. I'm actually thinking about heading there for dinner tonight :). After lunch he took me around and showed me a few different areas of the city and then he and his wife Christy took me out to dinner. We ate at an American 50's diner restaurant and then I headed to an evening small group Bible study held at a member of our churches home. It was great to see about 12 people there and the hosts and myself were the only Americans.

Saturday was my other day off for the week and it was mostly uneventful. I took care of things around the apartment, read a little bit, did some laundry and other things. Thankfully figuring out a Japanese washing machine is a lot less complicated than figuring out a Japanese microwave.

That brings us to today (Sunday). Today was a pretty typical Sunday, class, church, and then another missions meeting preparing our trip to Kobe later in July. Now I'm sitting in my apartment getting things prepared for the start of another week.

Please be praying for me as I am teaching the Wednesday night study, the Friday night study and continue to prepare for my class on Sunday mornings. Also please be praying that my time in Shibuya with the other teams would be fruitful and encouraging to me.

More to come when there's more to tell!

Cheers

No comments: