6.02.2010

Day 6

Hello followers!
Yesterday (Tuesday) was a full day to be sure! As you may recall I could not sleep for the life of me on Monday night and I had to get up early to go to Tokyo as I will be doing every Tuesday, to partner with the IMB missionaries there in reaching the people of Tokyo and the specific area of Shibuya.

Shi•bu•ya |shî boō'yə|

1. Exclamation.
The forgotten latter half of a Jewish salutation : Shalom Shibuya.

2. Exclamation.
Expression used to demonstrate ones approval in the performance of a specific task or function : Cook from WAY down town.... SHIBUYA!

3. Exclamation.
A common Greek phrase expressing great excitement, satisfaction, or jubilee often cheered at celebrations such as weddings.. See also, "Opa" : There's lamb at the reception!? Shibuya!

You have probably seen where I was on the Travel Channel or somewhere else before. It is commonly compared to NY Times Square and is known as the busiest intersection in the world. Seriously, Google it. It was a lot of fun working in Tokyo, we prayer walked, passed out Hope tracks, as well as gave free 5 minute English lessons. We were able to meet a good amount of people and invite them to their Friday night hang out times at a Coffee Caf é one of their Japanese contacts owns. After the full day I was able to meet up with the SOS Japan team for dinner and to catch up on all that has happened since graduation and coming to Japan. It was really great to see some familiar faces so far away from home and I really look forward to getting to hang out with and serve with them every Tuesday. I started to head back home around 7:30 and walking to the train station I had one of those surreal moments, if you've ever been overseas or even just experienced something that you've been looking forward to and planning for a long time you'll know what I'm talking about. After the CBU team left I was walking towards the station and I started to cross that famous intersection. I got about halfway across, stopped, and just looked around for a moment. I had to smile to myself as I thought, "Am I seriously here right now?" Then reality hit me and I realized how much of a goober I probably looked like standing in the middle of the street, 6 inches taller than everyone around me, white as a fresh fallen snow, and smiling like an idiot to nobody. It was totally worth it. I'm so excited to see what God has planned not only for my time here in Japan but also for my future as my conviction to reach the lost of the nations grows stronger and continues to root itself deeper into my heart.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures really but there will be more coming shortly as tomorrow is my day off and I hope to do some photography then.

More to come when there is more to tell!

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you're talking about my son...
but seriously Carson... you're funny hahaha!!